Mission Impossible: Deploying Skype for Business campus wide in challenging circumstances
Robert Dew, Cardiff University
The story of the trials, tribulations and challenges of an institutions migration to a Skype For Business telephony service delivered over a network infrastructure that was not ready for it - A real life mission impossible with some valuable lessons learnt
UC - what does it mean to your users?
Lynne Newbitt, Loughborough University
Following on from the previous session by Robert Dew. This session will look at the user side of the changes and the journey it could take you on when moving an organisation to a new UC solution. It may provide some insights to help you plan your move, some pitfalls to avoid and ultimately what a move to this modern UC approach could offer staff and students.
Why should Universities embrace Unified Comms?
Christi Hopkinson, University of the West of England
Discussing some of the business drivers for Unified Comms including flexibility, inclusivity and resiliency, using real world examples from within Universities and other sectors. What needs to be in place, beyond the technical aspects, to make a successful transition?
Discussion topics may include:
1. What does the end-of life for ISDN and analogue services mean and how should it be dealt with?
2. The impact of cloud telephony and UC Services for Universities. Has the time for widespread take-up arrived?
3. What contact centre strategies for Universities? (including micro contact-centres and multi-channel).
4. Device Strategies - do all users need desktop phones (or even external telephone numbers)?
5. What is the demand for room based video-conferencing and how should it be incorporated into UC strategies?
Customer Experience Automation. Where are we now?
Terry Gray, IMImobile (Rostrvm)
IMImobile are trusted deliver digital customer engagement for the mobile networks providers, high street banks and organisations worldwide. Terry will share their approach to managing the existing and upcoming digital channels, blended voice and shifting customer expectations.
Saving money on telcoms services at Sheffield
Mark Franklin, University of Sheffield
A brief summary of how the operational costs of telephony related activities at the University of Sheffield have been reduced in recent years - sometimes in ways that may not be immediately obvious....