15 June 2020 - Board of Trustees and Group Chairs 2020
Following our AGM yesterday we am pleased to announce that Sarah Cockrill, Head of Strategic Engagement and Business Analysis at Coventry University and Dr Paul Harness, Director of Information Systems Services at Lancaster University were both elected to the Board of Trustees for a term of two years.
Dean Phillips and Paul Butler were both re-elected to serve as Treasurer and Secretary, again for a term of two years.
Arthur Clune, Garod Barker and Darren Tysoe were co-opted to the Board and will serve for one year. Darren also acts as the London Representative to the Board.
The full Board of Trustees is therefore as follows:
Chair – Drew Cook, Director of ICT, University of Lincoln
Deputy Chair – Adrian Ellison, Associate Pro Vice-Chancellor and Chief Information Officer, University of West London
Treasurer – Dean Phillips, Assistant Director, Digital and Information Services, University of Aberdeen
Secretary – Paul Butler, Director of Information and Library Services, University of Greenwich
- Elected Trustees:
Claire Priestley, Director of IT, City, University of London
Sarah Cockrill, Head of Strategic Engagement and Business Analysis, Coventry University
Paul Harness, Director of Information Systems Services, Lancaster University
Arthur Clune, Director of Infrastructure and Faculty IT, University of York
Garod Barker, Director of IT and Estates, Richmond upon Thames College
Darren Tysoe, Chief Information Officer, Regent's University
Members also accepted the nominations of the Special Interest Group Committees and appointed the Chairs of the Special Interest Groups of the Charity
- Corporate Information Systems (CISG) – Gareth McAleese, Ulster University
- Digital Capabilities Group, (DCG) – Kerry Pinny, University of Warwick
- Digital Education Group (DEG) – Richard Goodman, Loughborough University
- Enterprise Architecture (EA) – Lex Wilkinson, Sheffield Hallam University
- HEIDS – Brian Henderson, University of Aberdeen
- Infrastructure Group (IG) – Mathew Flower, University of Wolverhampton
- Leadership Conference Committee (LCC) – (Caretaker Chair) Claire Priestley, City, University of London
- ucisa London Group, Trevor Baxter, King’s College London
- Project and Change Management Group (PCMG) – Sally Jorjani, Edinburgh Napier University
- Software and Software Procurement Group (SSPG) – Tina Pask, University of London
- Support Services Group (SSG) – Joint chairs – Lisa McDonald, University of Edinburgh and Andy Scott, Durham University
- Women in Tech (WiT) – Lynne Newbitt, Loughborough University
- Networking Group* David Hayling, University of Kent
* members are asked to note the Networking Group are working with the Infrastructure Group to merge the two groups. David Hayling will remain chair of the Networking Group to completion of the merger
Members approved the resolution to increase subscription fees by 12.5% for 2021 and Wenn Townsend were re-appointed as the auditors of the Company.
I know that you will join me in welcoming our new Trustees and Chairs and in thanking those who continue to serve. We look forward to working together to further ucisa’s ambitious plans in the year ahead.