2 December 2015
Austin Court, Birmingham
“Identity Management is the process and technology used to manage digital identities as well as the policies that govern how the identities can be used to access IT resources” a Microsoft Architect
This event brings together experts within the sector to network, share experience and learn from best practice across HE and FE. We aim to demonstrate the value of Identity Management (IDM) through a series of presentations and case studies to:
- Explain why identity management is evolving to control access to all digital assets, including devices, network equipment, servers, portals, content, applications
- Emphasise the importance of adding services for both internal users and our students and other customers
- Discuss the critical need for governance to manage compliance and risk
- Demonstrate a range of IDM system capabilities within our sector and provide some examples of best practice advice
- Outline the challenges of introducing cloud based resources to an IDM environment and also the opportunities for cloud based IDM solutions.
- The full Programme will be confirmed shortly. We’re looking forward to a great day which will make a really positive understanding to your work at your own institution.
This event is aimed at all staff interested in learning more about IDM. The sessions will be of particular value to etwork managers, Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and senior staff in IT and business functions.