Pre conference sessions
Desire2Learn (Hall 7)
Keeping ahead of the curve. Technology and our ever-changing consumer.
In partnership with the National Union of Students.
Recognising the importance of technology and the rapidly changing habits of our consumer; the student, join Desire2Learn in our UCISA pre-conference seminar, as we present the findings of our ground-breaking NUS research that investigates current skills in using, and attitudes towards technology enhanced learning (TEL) among higher education and further education students in the UK.
The outcomes reveal how institutions can position themselves effectively to keep ahead of this evolving curve and we'll share insights that highlight:
- How to improve the provision of technology to support learning
- How to improve information and support in the use of technology
- Future developments in technology-enhanced learning
To register for this event please click hereJanet (Hall 4A)
Janet Cloud Speed Dating
Find out how Janet can save you up to 80 hours and £100k when moving to the cloud, and meet suitable suppliers who have gone through EU procurement to ensure they meet your needs, at Janet Cloud Speed Dating. www.ja.net/events
Oracle (Hall 13)
NEW starting time 1100
Are you effectively using social platforms to communicate and engage with your students and staff?
Join Oracle at this pre-conference session to discuss how you can provide real value for your students and staff and effect the long term success of universities, by expanding the use of social media. This two part session will start by looking at the enterprise social media solutions that could enable your institution to leverage social interactions that build stronger relationships with student and staff, deliver consistent and relevant experiences, and better engage and connect students and the institution. We will then move on to open up a round table discussion and pose questions to the audience about their use of social media, how they have built communities and foster student experience and what issues it raises for IT.
Places are limited! To reserve your slot please e mail email@example.com
QlikTech (Hall 4B)
QlikView for Higher Education
Learn how QlikView is being adopted by Higher Education institutions around the world for better visibility of data across finance, student records, research projects, retention and recruitment:
- Key industry trends driving adoption, an introduction to the QlikView Academic Program plus a sneak preview of the key themes of QlikView 12, coming later this year.
- See an interactive demo showing Twitter data can be used to analyse public sentiment about your Institution with QlikView transforming 4000 social media posts per second into meaningful insight.
- Hear from Saul Quirke, Head of Analysis at the University of Salford on how his experiences with QlikView have benefited the institution by delivering analytical power as a reporting reality not just an IT pipedream.
Please register to attend
Tribal (Hall 14)
Join Tribal at our pre-conference session at either 1100 or 1200 for an overview of our SITS:Vision Microsoft Reporting integration. With an increasing emphasis on nderstanding big data and business intelligence our integration provides a complete set of powerful reporting tools within SITS:Vision.
Find out how reports can be displayed and managed from within SITS:Vision or e:Vision and how our integration addresses three key areas of reporting:
- Data Warehousing
- Report building
- Report Management and Publishing
Learn how an integrated reporting system can provide you with an intelligent tool for creating data warehouses which can be produced from multiple data sources bringing an enterprise solution to your businesses intelligence requirements.
Places are limited so register yours today!