COMPANY NUMBER: 09349804
CHARITY NUMBER: 1161218
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES INFORMATION SYSTEMS ASSOCIATION LIMITED (the “Company”) ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given of the sixth Annual General Meeting (the 'Meeting') of the Company, and the 28th Annual General Meeting of the association, to be held at 12:00 noon on Thursday 10th June 2021 online via MS Teams for the following purposes:
1. To receive Chair’s welcome and apologies received
2. To consider and, if thought fit, approve the following resolutions, to be proposed as Ordinary Resolutions of the Company:
A. To approve the minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting of the Company held on 11th June 2020.
B. To receive and adopt the annual report of the Trustees and the accounts of the Company for the financial year ended 31 December 2020.
C. To re-appoint Wenn Townsend the auditors of the Company to hold office from the conclusion of this meeting until the conclusion of the next general meeting of the Company at which audited accounts are laid, and to authorise the directors to fix their remuneration.
D. To note the resignations of Mr. Garrod Barker as a Co-opted Trustee and Director of the Company, and Ms Claire Priestley as an elected Trustee and subsequent appointment as a co-opted Trustee and Director of the Company.
E. To consider and, if thought fit, appoint the following honorary officers (each of whom has consented to act) to stand as honorary officers of the Company from the close of this meeting for a term of two years in accordance with its Articles of Association, or as otherwise specified in any future amendments made to the Articles which are approved by the members of the Company:
- Adrian Ellison as Chair of the Company.
Proposed by Drew Cook, University of Lincoln.
Seconded by Sarah Cockrill, Coventry University
- Paul Harness as Vice Chair of the Company.
Proposed by Drew Cook, University of Lincoln.
Seconded by Adrian Ellison, University of West London.
F. To elect two Elected Members to serve in place of Mr. Garrod Barker and Ms. Claire Priestley. Nominations for the two positions are as follows:
G. In accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company: To accept the nominations of the Special Interest Group Committees and appoint the Chairs of the Special Interest Groups of the Charity as follows:
H. To receive the Treasurer’s Report for the financial year ended 31 December 2020, summary Budget for the current year ending 31 December 2021 and summary budget for financial year ending 31 December 2022.
I. To approve the increase in subscription fees by 2.0% for 2022
This reflects the discussion at the ucisa AGM in 2019 where a rise of 12.5% in 2020 and 2021 was approved as part of a phased approach with an anticipated inflationary increase year on year thereafter. This recognised the fact that subscription fees had been held constant since 2009. It was noted at the 2019 AGM that in real terms, based on annual inflation figures from the ONS, over the last 10 years the value of subscription income for ucisa had fallen by some 45%, and that this was unsustainable.
3. Any other business
By order of the board
Dean Phillips, Director
Registered office: 30 St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE
1. A member of the Company is entitled to appoint another person as his proxy to exercise all or any of his rights to attend and to speak and vote at the meeting.
2. A form of proxy is enclosed. To be effective, the proxy form or other instrument appointing a proxy must be completed and signed and delivered to the registered office of the Company or delivered by electronic communication as specified below not later than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting. Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the instrument appointing a proxy is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included.
3. Where the member is not an individual person, a statement by the person submitting the proxy form of their authority to appoint a proxy must also be included.
4. Appointing a proxy does not preclude a member from attending and voting at the meeting in person.
5. To deliver an appointment of a proxy by electronic communication, scan the duly signed instrument appointing a proxy and any supporting documents in a .pdf, .jpg or .tiff format (so that the documents are legible and the signature is clearly visible) and send to the email address for delivery of proxies specified below. Any document or information relating to proxies for the meeting or otherwise relating to proceedings at the meeting may be sent by email to that address (but not to any other address or number for electronic communications mentioned in this document or any document accompanying it) provided that it is received no less than 24 hours before the meeting, but any electronic address or number provided in this notice or in any related document (including the proxy form) may not be used to communicate with the Company for any purposes other than as expressly stated.
6. If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
7. Any appointment under a proxy notice may be revoked by delivering a notice to the Charity by the member who gave the proxy notice to the email or postal address below or by hand at the meeting. Such notice will only be effective if received by the Charity prior to the start of the meeting.
Email address for the delivery of proxy forms: firstname.lastname@example.org