COMPANY NUMBER: 09349804
CHARITY NUMBER: 1161218
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES INFORMATION SYSTEMS ASSOCIATION LIMITED (the “Company”) ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
AGENDA for the fifth Annual General Meeting (the 'Meeting') of the Company, and the 27th Annual General Meeting of the association, to be held at 12:00 noon on Thursday 19 March 2020 in the Charter Suite at Manchester Central, Windmill Street, Manchester, M2 3GX for the following purposes:
1. Welcome and apologies
To consider and, if thought fit, approve the following resolutions, to be proposed as ordinary resolutions of the Company:
2. To approve the minutes of the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the Company held on 28 March 2019.
3. To receive and adopt the annual report of the Trustees and the accounts of the Company for the financial year ended 31 December 2019.
4. To re-appoint Wenn Townsend the auditors of the Company to hold office from the conclusion of this meeting until the conclusion of the next general meeting of the Company at which audited accounts are laid, and to authorise the directors to fix their remuneration.
5. To note the resignations of Mr. Mike Cope and Mrs. Elizabeth Bailey as Trustees and Directors of the Company, both having ceased employment with member institutions.
6. To consider and, if thought fit, appoint the following honorary officers (each of whom has consented to act) to stand as honorary officers of the Company from the close of this meeting for a term of two years in accordance with its Articles of Association, or as otherwise specified in any future amendments made to the Articles which are approved by the members of the Company:
- Dean Phillips as Honorary Treasurer of the Company.
Proposed by David Telford, University of Stirling.
Seconded by Adrian Ellison, University of West London
- Paul Butler as Honorary Secretary of the Company.
Proposed by Gareth McAleese, Ulster University
Seconded by James Blair, University of Stirling
7. To elect two Elected Members to serve in place of Mr. Mike Cope and Mrs. Elizabeth Bailey. Nominations for the two positions are as follows:
8. In accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company:
To accept the nominations of the Special Interest Group Committees and appoint the Chairs of the Special Interest Groups of the Charity as follows:
9. To receive the Treasurer’s Report for the financial year ended 31 December 2019 and summary Budget for the current year ending 31 December 2020.
10. To approve the increase in subscription fees by 12.5% for 2021
This reflects the discussion at the ucisa AGM in 2019 where an initial rise of 12.5% in 2020 was approved as part of a phased approach with an anticipated further 12.5% increase necessary in 2021, in recognition of the fact that subscription fees had been held constant since 2009. It was noted at the 2019 AGM that in real terms, based on annual inflation figures from the ONS, over the last 10 years the value of subscription income for ucisa had fallen by some 45%, and that this was unsustainable.
11. Any other business