22 May 2019 - 2019 ucisa Bursary recipients announced
Congratulations to twenty three colleagues from across the ucisa membership who will be heading to a conference of their choice this year.
Funding from the ucisa bursary scheme gives IT and IT-related staff the opportunity to travel to conferences and keynote technology events they might otherwise be unable to attend, in order to share best practice with the sector.
We were delighted to receive 72 applications.
Candidates were asked to: set out how they would represent ucisa at the conference they were requesting funding for, outline how the conference would benefit them personally (and their department/institution) and demonstrate how they would share what they have learned with the ucisa community and the higher and further education sectors, and how they would publicise good practice within the UK.
- James Allen, Specialist Media Support Officer, London Metropolitan University - Media and Learning 19 Video in Higher Education
- Matthew Carter-Rix, Systems Engineer, University of Wolverhampton - Microsoft Ignite 2019
- Samantha Chester, Learning Support Specialist, Loughborough University - EUNIS 19
- Andrew Dixon, Head of Service Management Office, University of Oxford - Pink 20
- Eleanor Draycott, Service Desk Manager, Operations, University of Reading - Educause Annual Conference
- Clare Driver, Learning Technologist, Queen Mary University of London - Media and Learning 19 Video in Higher Education
- Elizabeth Griffiths, Digital Project Lead, University of South Wales - EUNIS 19
- Will Harries, Lead Software Developer, Bath Spa University - NDC Oslo
- Sam Harrow, IT Business Partner, University of Birmingham - EUNIS 19
- Mary Hill, Applications Manager (Admin & Business Systems), Sheffield Hallam University - Educause Annual Conference
- Garin Hughes, Engineer – IT Service Delivery, Cardiff University - SecTor
- Tara Lamplough, Head of Business Partnering, University of Birmingham - BRMConnect
- Lukasz Medza, Junior Linux Systems Administrator, University of York - DevOps World/Jenkins World
- Gazelleh Moradi, Senior Business Analyst, Coventry University - EDULEARN19
- Alicia Owen, Senior Officer for Digital Learning, Glyndwr University, Wrexham - ALT C the Annual Conference of the Association for Learning Technology
- Tim Packwood, IT Innovation Specialist (Software Developer), University of Birmingham - AWS Re: Invent
- Jason Parke, IT Labs Team Leader, University of Greenwich - Educause Annual Conference
- Stevie Paterson, Business Analyst, University of York - IRM UK Business Analysis Conference Europe
- Chris Rowell, Academic Developer in Digitally Enhanced Learning, London South Bank University - Open Education Global Conference 2019
- Gourav Rai, Senior Engineer, Cardiff University - Wi-Fi Trek 2019
- Tom Salyers, Developer, University of Sheffield - DevCon 19
- Aaron Turner, HPC Specialist and Team Leader for Local HPC and Linux, Loughborough University - Super Computing 2019
- Jason Townsend, IT Systems, Development and Support Officer, University of Kent - ALT C the Annual Conference of the Association for Learning Technology
They will be undertaking a variety of dissemination activities to share what they have learned at their chosen conferences including writing and creating materials, presenting at ucisa events and liaising with the ucisa special interest groups.
This year bursary applications were collected via a survey tool and anonymised.