This guide has been put together by the User Skills Group (USG) of the UCISA Digital Skills and Development Group to provide examples of good practice which demonstrate the approaches taken to tackle the challenges of IT and digital skills training in this changing HE landscape.
There are eight case studies which address at least one, and often more, of the following key themes:
- Use of mobile or innovative technologies
- Challenges of flexible delivery – such as blended and online
- Doing more with less resources
- Proving value added by training
- Use of shared or collaborative services
The case studies cover training and support for many types of staff – academic, technical and professional support staff – as well as for students. Each case study describes the project or activity and the approach taken, considers its effectiveness and any lessons learnt. Future developments and the possibilities for adoption elsewhere are also included.