The results of the seventeenth Higher Education Information Technology Statistics exercise are available below.
The Higher Education Information Technology Statistics continue to be an invaluable resource, providing both a growing time series of local information and useful comparable data for other institutions.
The statistics have been recognised as a valuable benchmarking tool in work by the Joint Costing and Pricing Steering Group and have also been recognised as the only collection of statistics on Higher Education IT by the Office for National Statistics. Completion of the return is a voluntary exercise but we are pleased to report a return of 78 institutions this year.
The 2014/15 survey questions should be re-visited in advance of downloading the results of the survey below.
The trends analysis was carried out by Sonya White of the Library and Information Statistics Unit (LISU) at Loughborough University.
- a commentary on the exercise for 2014/15. You are strongly urged to read this before accessing any other documents listed here. Great care needs to be exercised in interpreting the statistics.
- a summary spreadsheet listing some of the key indicators.
- a set of explanatory notes. Access to this file is restricted to UCISA Members only (login required)
- a spreadsheet of management statistics extracted from institutional submissions. Access to this file is restricted to UCISA Members only (login required)
- a paper showing trends in HEITS since the start of the exercise and additional analysis. Access to these files is restricted to UCISA Members only (login required).
- a 'raw data' of the completed returns of contributing institutions. New feature: Pick list for easier institutional comparison. This is available to named representatives of UCISA's Full and Affiliate Members only (login required).
- a spreadsheet of results for the Tier 2 questions, with further explanatory notes on Tier 2 returns from institutions. Access to these files is restricted to UCISA Members only (login will be required).
- a spreadsheet of the results for the International benchmarking questions. This is available to named representatives of UCISA's Full and Affiliate Members only (login required)
UCISA continues to work on refining and improving the statistics. Please contact the UCISA Executive Director if you have any ideas for consideration.
Note on the dissemination of HEITS
Please note that the Higher Education Information Technology Statistics are provided primarily for the benefit of members of UCISA. The Summary Statistics are in the public domain, but if you quote from them please acknowledge UCISA as the source. For the other spreadsheets access is restricted and none of the information they contain should be divulged to any party outside UCISA member organisations without first consulting the Executive Director.
If you need further information on UCISA's statistics, or wish to make any comments on it please email us